Friday, February 16, 2018

Microsoft Photo Companion App for iPhone: teething problems

Microsoft 'Photos Companion' iPhone app allows for easy transfer of pictures to Windows 10 PC over WiFi.


This is a good (really, great) feature as it is presently not possible to transfer pictures from, for example, iPhone to PC. iPhone6 does not have any USB ports, nor its Bluetooth is not supported when transferring to a PC.

It is good if it works all the time.

In photos, under Settings there is no Preview item, under which you are supposed to turn on Help Microsoft test the mobile import over Wi-Fi feature.

I downloaded the Photo Companion app on my iPhone 6. There was no problem.

I tried in my PC which has a Microsoft photos app. It is supposed to import from mobile over WiFi option. However this option does not exist. You can either import From a folder or From a USB device as shown here.


I am not sure if it is something to do with Build 1707_prerelease-flt.180116-1539 version of Windows 10 Pro OS.

I tried to download an update for 'photos' app, but it failed to update.

I sent error code (Code: 0x80073CF9) to Microsoft.


No comments:

DMCA.com Protection Status