Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Regarding UWP Support for .NET Standard 2.0


Mostly I am looking at what I have to verify that they are enough for developing latest UWP Projects. The main feature that .NET 2.0 Standard brings about is the access for about 20000 APIs.

So what are the requirements?

You need to have Visual Studio 2017 v15.4. According to my previous post this was installed sometime ago (1, 2).


VS2017Comm_About

The other requirement is that you should be running and targeting correct version of  Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

These requirements are the baseline for UWP tools.

I am using the free Visual Studio 2017 Version and in my project properties I find that I can choose couple of options for the Min version for Windows 10 Fall creators Update as shown.



VS2017Comm_MinTarget 

Note however, that when you try to change the Min target version you will need to heed to the following message:


VS2017Comm_MinTargetx2

When I changed the Min version to one suggested, the Microsoft.Net.Native.Complier 2.0 was installed after which the Hello World Project was restored.


VS2017Comm_MinTarget 3

UWP Reference properties after the change are as shown:


VS2017Comm_MinTarget 4

Looks like I am well set.




No comments:

DMCA.com Protection Status