Friday, May 11, 2018

Your Visual Studio 2017 Community may have all items missing

I tried to create a UWP project in Visual Studio 2017 and I got this surprise.


empty_0
I got this message when I tried to open an existing Project.


empty_1
Looks like Microsoft forced an update. Anyway, I needed one and clicked Update.

The Visual Studio Installer came up and this takes some solid time to complete.


empty_2

Well after the installation (version 15.5.7) most of the components I had earlier did comeback, except for one.
This did not allow me to create a UWP project as there were assemblies missing.

I had to get them back as in the following working with Manage NuGet Packages.







Finally the references are complete.


AfterRestoringReference


The Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform was the missing reference.

No comments:

DMCA.com Protection Status