Thursday, October 15, 2015

Upgrading to Windows 10 on a Windows 7(x32) Ultimate

I tried upgrading to Windows 10 directly from Microsoft site on an ACERs Aspire 4810TZ-4100 laptop/Notebook with modest resources and did not succeed. Earlier on I had successfully upgraded a Toshiba Tablet and a Toshiba Laptop.

This was actually an upgrading of  Win7 (x32)Ultimate to Windows 10

Downloaded MediaCreationControl from here;
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The downloading took about 15 minutes. Verifying downloads; creating Windows 10 Media; setup is cleaning up activities took another 30 minutes. The checking for updates took a long time and did not finish. There were a number of sites asking for cookies; custora.com; admr.net;gstatic.com and several others I did not care to write down. I allowed all of them and the 'Checking for Updates' went on and on. After another 6 hours I just left the computer on to check next day.

In the morning when I logged-in it was still Windows 7. There were no error messages.

No comments:

DMCA.com Protection Status