Friday, July 25, 2014

Windows Phone 8.1 is out but where can you get it?

I received in my email a message from Microsoft Store that a Nokia Lumia 635 is available with Windows Phone 8.1.



I tried to find if my Nokia Icon 929 gets the update. At this point Microsoft (chat) could not say anything positive. My carrier VERIZON is also unable to confirm, they think probably towards the end of August. I do not find Windows Phone 8.1 Upgrade on the store.
It is very interesting that the Nokia Icon was touted as the most current device and it is funny that there is no update.

My guess is it is something to do with the contract between Nokia and the carriers, because for Nokia Lumia 635 there appears to be just two vendors, AT&T and T-Mobile.

Verizon says they are not responsible and that Microsoft should be contacted and I drew a blank with Microsoft.

Story continues here:

Finally found this site which promises something:
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/basics/how-do-i-get-windows-phone-8-1

Do not bother to look up this important tip- It's quite useless

This whole business of Phone proliferation has not brought customer satisfaction.
For example, I seem to have bought a Nokia Icon from Verizon that seems not to exist in the NOKIA site. I tried to look up my Model 929 and it does not exist! With Microsoft's ambivalence vis-à-vis NOKIA, I may end up with an unsupported phone.
 

No comments:

DMCA.com Protection Status