Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My problems with the Reporting Services in Visual Studio 2008

I have used Reporting Services with VS 2003 and VS 2005 and I am beginning to work with VS 2008. I have come across a strange problem. I used the Reporting Services Configuration utility that comes with the default installation of SQL Server 2008 November CTP. The Configuration gets completed without a hitch and I can see the Report Server databases in my Server but when I try to access the Web URL or even the Object Browser in the Management Studio I get an exception. I am trying to find out the reasons for this.



What I have found so far is that while the Reporting Services Configuration provides me with a default web URL [that I can happily click on] it does not write it to the configuration file, the RSReportServer.config. Could this be the reason?

No comments:

DMCA.com Protection Status