Monday, April 24, 2023

I asked AI chat in Bing about a feature in Excel and it did not know

 I recently saw a feature in Excel pop-up all of a sudden and asked AI-Chat in Bing. It did not know about. I thought Microsoft is so busy embedding chatGPT that it may have overlooked how far it has embedded the AI features and its access to its own products.

Let me make it brief. I suddenly saw a magenta(some may call it pink) triangle at the corner of an Excel Cell on a page that had some calculations. I don't know for what reason, but I saw a magenta/pink triangle at the right top corner of a cell which gave me to communicate with some party as shown. It was a "prompt" to start a conversation. I just started one and replied to it as well.


I think when I closed it, Excel tried to get to my email. This is probably a feature for the team that uses this feature. 

Then I wanted to ask my newfound friend, the Bing AI-Chat to find out if he knew what this is about. He did not know either.



No big deal, Microsoft too busy tying loose ends with the new acquistion. 




No comments:

DMCA.com Protection Status