Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Filed a complaint to FCC

As I was getting no where getting any kind of response from Verizon regarding OS updates to my Nokia Icon Windows Phone, I resorted to filing a complaint. If I do hear from them I will let you know.

Here is the gist of my complaint:

"Microsoft released an update called Windows Phone 8.1 Developers' Preview which was installed on one of the phones (808-XXX-XXXX). This was just a preview for some special group. Microsoft started rolling out Windows Phone 8.1 and later released further updates to Windows Phone 8.1 broadly known as Lumia Cyan and Lumia Denim which makes the phone operate better with more feature enhancements.

The complaints is that Verizon is neither addressing the issue nor making any announcements to customers.

I would like to know,

1. Is it possible for FCC to see that the Phone Operating System is delinked with the carrier? If not why not?

2. Persuade Verizon to roll out the updates and to make good the lost time by asking Verizon to roll out the latest update.

I can assure you I am not the only one in this situation and there are angry voices all over the Internet.
I respectfully await your response.
"
I am not sure whether this is going to help, my gut feeling is it will not. I think keeping OS away from Carriers is a sure way.

No comments:

DMCA.com Protection Status