Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Things I did not know about India

Visiting Bengaluru in India I found there were things I did not know about India. I found India is tougher (more frequent) on emission standards than USA. Here are some I did not know about. I may add to this list......


  • I did not know that they do emission testing for cars every six months
  • I did not know that they do emission testing every 3 months for two wheelers and three wheelers
  • I did not know by constitution you have a choice of not casting your vote to any candidate if you so wish as, "I do not want to vote for anyone on this poll as no one in my opinion is good" is one of the choices.
  • I did not now that gas prices can be set as odd as Rs 15.32 per liter. [While Rs 0.3 is worthless what good is there in going to the next decimal place].
  • I did not know that selection of students to top technical / medical colleges has become very transparent (no influence peddling)
  • I did not know that there is a constitution backed PCPNDT act in India which makes it illegal to determine the sex in prenatal diagnostics.
  • I did not know that most traffic signals derive their power from Solar panels.
  • I did not know...

No comments:

DMCA.com Protection Status