Saturday, February 25, 2017

Multiple problems with Microsoft Edge

Presently the OS version  on my computer is as shown:





Recently I reported that Google sites were unreachable using Microsoft Edge. Now I cannot even bring up Microsoft Edge. Double clicking or, trying to open using right-click on the shortcut does not open Microsoft Edge. Cortana also does not respond. Search box is inactive. Also Windows Start is completely broken. I have to rely on Mozilla Firefox to do anything on the Internet including this post.

One of the suggested remedies on the Internet is to delete this item from your computer and restart:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

It has worked in the past but this times I am unable to delete this item as there are files being used(?).

Here are the contents of this folder on my computer:







 Probably I will recover using an earlier date.

No comments:

DMCA.com Protection Status