Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Denali installs easily on Windows 7 Ultimate

Denali is the code name for the next version of SQL Server -SQL Server 2011 which is in CTP 1. I added a post about it a  few days ago in this blog.

You can download it from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=6a04f16f-f6be-4f92-9c92-f7e5677d91f9

You run the setup.exe in the folder where you unpack the contents of the download.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate on an Aspire 4810TZ-4011 notebook which also has a number of SQL Servers both Enterprise evaluation as well as SQL Server Express.

This time I installed a named instance Hodentek3\Alaska and after starting the install I went to bed and in the morning I saw success staring out of my notebook. No problem at all.

Here are some screen shots,

































No comments:

DMCA.com Protection Status