Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Windows Phone 7 Developer Launch in New York

Attended the launch event at New York Marriot Marquis yesterday (Oct 19,2010) and got a lot of info on this make or break business item for Microsoft. The crowd was less than I expected but filled the hall. I think it will be great if all those developers who attended turn in a couple of apps each. Why, I may even buy some MSFT stock.
The technical team (Danillo Diaz and David Isbitski) did a nice job of presenting the details. There were six sessions:
Session 1: Get Started! The Basics of Building Apps on the Windows Phone 7 Platform
Session 2: From Idea to Interactivity: Design Guidelines for Windows Phone 7
Session 3: Supercharge Your Windows Phone 7 Apps with Microsoft Silverlight
Session 4: Step Up Your Game with Windows Phone 7 and XNA
Session 5: Monetizing Your Apps with Marketplace
Session 6: The Power of the Cloud: Exploring Windows Phone 7 Services
As I have been up in the clouds recently I have not had time to look at Windows Phone since the CTP. Of course I could follow the sessions without any problem and David's talk really inspired me to look at developing games.
Hey give it a try and make some money!
Moola! Moola!
I did a few related articles check them out:

http://aspalliance.com/1844_DoubleAnimation_Basics_with_Silverlight_Application
http://www.packtpub.com/article/pocket-pc-application-visual-studio-2005
Also Windows Phone CTP on my other blog:

http://hodentekMobile.blogspot.com


No comments:

DMCA.com Protection Status