Monday, August 21, 2006

Camille Claudel... so, so movie

Camille Claudel
Stealing work of co-workers is not new and it is as old as the earth itself. This movie makes our heroine Camille Claudel from mere paranoia to madness inviting the people in the white coat take her away.

Did Rodin steal Camille Claudel's creative ideas? I cannot say for sure. But from what I have learned from my own life, I would go as far as to say that if an opportunity exists it is irresistible for the one with the name and power to take advantage of the less advantaged. This is a fact of life. If you don't believe me, just watch some of the TV commercials where the boss usurps the underling's idea.

The movie was passable. Adjani is beautiful and Depardieu is not so bulky.

This movie by Bruno Nuytten got a rating of 'R', hard to understand.
My rating [On a rating of 0 to 10]: 3

No comments:

DMCA.com Protection Status